This year Switzerland is celebrating 150 years of winter tourism.
Here are some interesting facts relating to this winter.
- 150 years of Swiss winter tourism – Swiss hotelier Johannes Badrutt and British guests invented winter tourism 150 years ago – 1864 – St Moritz. It all started because of a wager he had, that his guests would enjoy a winter holiday, well they went back for Christmas and didn’t leave until Easter. And the rest as they say is history.
- Swiss is increasing flights from Gatwick to 5 flights to Geneva weekly.
- New Luxury Hotel Rougemont, Gstaad will be open in December.
- ‘Le White’ – Champery – the perfect place to be after a hard day skiing the Porte Du Soleil.
- ‘Last Christmas’ – Love it or hate this year the song celebrates its 30th anniversary. Two of the shots in the video were filmed in Saas Fee.
- Show us your tricks – This winter Laax will open the world’s biggest half pipe.
- Adrenalin rush guaranteed – the new suspension bridge @ glacier 2000.
Switzerland has so much to offer. www.skibespoke.com