An insider’s view: Luke Dorking, North American Sales & Product Manager
I have been a skier and snowboarder for the last twenty + years, during which time I have been lucky enough to visit some incredible resorts in Europe, Canada and the USA.
I have also been fortunate enough to spend more than a year working in Whistler, BC during both winter and summer seasons with a few subsequent return visits. I would have no hesitation in recommending Whistler as my number one resort summer or winter to anyone – regardless of age, ability, budget, even non skiers.
No other resort compares; when you take into account the snowfall, on-piste terrain, off-piste activities, après, fine dining, nightlife… it has everything and does everything to a level that is consistently high and each time I’ve gone back still continues to surprise.
After hosting the 2010 Winter Olympics, it has cemented its place firmly on the map of must-ski resorts and is continually voted as one of the best ski resorts in the world.
Whistler at a glance
- Both ski mountains (Whistler and Blackcomb) have an enormous variety of slopes and outstanding terrain, catering for beginners, intermediates and expert skiers and snowboarders.
- It enjoys a remarkable snow record which means you are able to ski/board late into the season.
- The diverse skiing offers huge bowls, tree lined runs, hike-able off peak chutes and world class terrain parks.
- The Peak 2 Peak gondola enables skiers to cross the mountains quickly and easily.
- Family friendly resort.
- Superb purpose built resort offers an excellent choice of accommodation to suit all tastes.
- Shopper’s paradise and great non-ski activities.
- Short transfer from airport to resort.