The Chedi is the centrepiece of Andermatt’s transformation into a first class resort. This 5-star hotel is the last word in style and luxury. Its stunning uber-chalet style exterior is created with Alpine wood and glass, while inside, Asian contemporary design mixes bold lines with traditional warmth. The hotel’s dramatic 15ft-high lobby is divided into intimate spaces using wood-burning fireplaces, lounging sofas and well-stocked bookcases. With floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking a 115ft-long swimming pool flanked by glass-encased fires, making it both breath-taking and cosy at the same time.
Understated luxury is apparent in all the rooms, which are decorated in warm Alpine tones off-set by modern, Asian design for a cooler edge.
The rooms and suites are enormous, with heated stone floors, open fireplaces, piles of cashmere throws, sheepskin rugs, iPads that control everything (blinds, music, lights, fire).
The sumptuous and spacious Acqua di Parma-filled bathrooms have deep soak bathtubs and separate rain showers, perfect for easing those tired muscles.
Or relax by your enormous picture windows or balcony which showcase the beautiful mountain views.
Restaurants – Private dining and room service are of course available. However, this is a hotel to see and be seen, and the restaurants are not to be missed.
The Restaurant – Conveniently located on the ground level under an alpine high ceiling with captivating views to Nätschen Mountain, this all-day East-West eatery showcases authentic central Swiss, European and Asian fare, available with world class wines. Watch true culinary talents at work among four theatre kitchens and marvel at the enticing selection inside the five-metre high glass cheese room. Meet new friends at the chef’s communal tables, celebrate among friends in the three private dining rooms or cozy up on winter nights by dining around a crackling fire pit.
The Japanese restaurant – The exclusive and intimate Japanese Restaurant takes your taste buds on another journey entirely, with authentic Japanese sushi, sashimi and tempura (evenings only Wednesday – Sunday) prepared by Japanese masters and visiting chefs.
Further indulgence can be found in the Wine and Cigar Libraries, both offering the finest selection of cigars and world class wines. For something more casual, the Bar and Living Room is perfect for après ski and light bites. In the lobby make yourself at home here among the well-padded chairs and ultra plump sofas, perhaps with a glass of wine in hand and a light snack or a hot signature punch.
Luxuriate in the award winning “Most Indulgent Spa 2015” Conde Nast Spa awards.
Based on a holistic spa and health concept, the spa and wellness centre spans over 2,400 square meters of utter indulgence. There are ten deluxe treatment suites, where the friendly, highly trained therapists will knead and pamper you with the finest organic products, from SpaRitual, ila, REN and Alpienne.
For serious pampering try The Chedi Oriental Ritual, a top-to-toe treatment which includes reflexology, a Ren facial, Himalayan-crystal body polish, a bathing ceremony and everything else in between. If that’s too much, Balinese, Thai, Swedish and Ayurvedic therapies are also available. There is a hydrotherapy zone with an unbelievable number of baths and saunas. If you still have energy to burn, there is a state of the art Techno Gym or swim power laps in the temperature-controlled outdoor lap pool or cozy up with an organic tea by the 35-metre indoor pool with stunning views to the Alps and relax.
The ski service is exceptional, with ‘ski butlers’ to make sure skis, boots and equipment are ready to go. In addition to delivering and collecting your equipment from the slopes, the Ski Butlers are the Alps most reliable source for tips about the day’s conditions and insider secrets to help you find the perfect powder. They will also store and service your skis.
A fleet of luxury cars wait to transport skiers to and from the ski lifts.
A perfect end to a perfect day!
Awards to date
• SonntagsZeitung | 2016 The 150 Best Hotels of Switzerland: 2nd Place for ‘Best Holiday Hotel’
• Connoisseur Circle’s The Best 222 Hotels of Switzerland | 2016 Best Hospitality Design Hotel
• Condé Nast Traveller (Russia) | 2016 Best of the Best Ski Resort
• GEOSaison: The Top 100 Hotels in Europe | 2016 Top Luxury Hotel
• The Global Travel Experience Award by Zanadu | 2016 Best Interior Design
• TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice™ Winner | 2016 No. 17 – Top 25 Hotels for Luxury in Switzerland
• VIP International Traveller Readers’ Travel Award | 2015 No. 6 – Most Exclusive Hotel Worldwide
• TripAdvisor | 2015 Certificate of Excellence Award
• GALA Spa Awards | 2015 Luxury Hotel City/Resort
• Connoisseur Circle’s The Best 222 Hotels of Switzerland | 2015 Best Hospitality Design Hotel
• Condé Nast Traveller UK Spa Awards | 2015 The Most Indulgent Spa
• Gallivanter’s Awards for Excellence | 2014 Editor’s Choice Awards
• Luxury Travel Advisor | 2014 Awards of Excellence: Top Europe Hotel Opening 2014
• European Hotel Design Awards | 2014 Interior Design – Bedrooms & Bathrooms
• SonntagsZeitung | 2014 No. 1 Best Winter Hotels in Switzerland (Die besten Winterhotels der Schweiz)
• Robb Report | 2014 BEST of the BEST 2014
• Condé Nast Traveller (UK) | 2014 Hot List: The Best New Hotels In The World
• Condé Nast Traveler (USA) | 2014 Hot List: The Best New Hotels In The World
• New York Times | 2014 The Best 52 Places To Go in 2014
• Travel + Leisure USA | 2014 It List: The Best New Hotels Around the Globe
• Connoisseur Circle Hospitality Awards | 2014 Best Hospitality Newcomer
- Fine Dining
- Hot Tub
- Indoor Pool
- Relaxation Room
- Shuttle Service
- Ski and Spa
- Weekend and Short Breaks
“Best break ever, absolutely first class recommendations”